Dudley Carers Alliance primary aims are to:
- enable discussion, consultation and networking with carers and partners to develop, co-ordinate and monitor support services for carers
- provide a framework for ensuring that support for carers is embedded into local policies and strategies
- oversee the co-development and delivery of a local Carers Strategy and Action Plan
- work with all partners, including commissioners to support the development of an Action Plan outlining strengths, weakness and gaps in current services
- ensure all carers, including ‘hidden’ or ‘isolated’ carers; or those carers who may have language or communication difficulties have an opportunity have their voices, views and needs represented
- keep carers and organisations who work with carers informed of changes of policy and local developments which are likely to impact upon carers.
To achieve these aims we see our key tasks as to:
- Ensure the co- development, co-production and implementation of a local Carers Strategy and Action Plan.
- Raise the profile of carers across the borough and ensure their needs are considered in relation to the development other strategies and plans
- Provide a formal framework for engagement and communication with all parties
- Support commissioning partners in the identification, mapping and evaluation of current support and service provision to carers.
- Review and monitor current and newly introduced legislation for carers and evaluate feedback.
- Develop information and advice resources for carers
- Increase the number of carers across the borough accessing low level support and preventative services to enable them to manage their caring responsibilities in a sustainable way for the continued health and wellbeing of themselves and the person they care for.
Dudley Carers Alliance formal Terms of Reference can be seen by clicking on the document attached here.